Saturday, November 6, 2010

DIY Rolling Crate

This great diy rolling crate was made entirely from reclaimed wood, almost all pallet boards except the end panels which came from my scrap pile.  No painting, staining or sealing just all natural:

diy rolling crate

This is what I started with:

pallet before

I tore it up and got a lot of great pieces (most went to making more stools but that's another post).  These are the actual pieces I used for the crate, all sanded and ready to build:



wood boards for rolling crate

I simply built an open box, drilled two holes in each side for the rope and tied knots so I had some handles.  Thanks again to Ana White at http://www.ana-white.com/ for the inspiration.
crate assembled

Bottom view before wheels went on:

pallet crate base

Now she's ready to roll with wheels:

rolling crate with plastic wheels

A look to the inside:

rolling crate with rope handles

I have to admit I usually make something for a reason however in this case I made it just because.  I'm sure someday I will find a use for this crate but for now it sits empty.

diy pallet crate with rope handles

No comments:

Post a Comment