Monday, December 20, 2010

"K" is for Kid's Table

The Christmas Kid's Table

It's no surprise that there will undoubtedly be a kids table for the Christmas meal.
I brought the kids picnic table that I made in from outside and gussied it up.

All the cousins are supposed to sit together and eat, somehow they only end up sitting for about 5 minutes right? 
I tried to make it more enticing by adding some craft supplies.

Don't you just want to stick your hands in that crate?

So after the 5 minutes of eating is done let's set it up to get busy:

What are you going to make?

Go ahead and draw on the table

We'll see how it goes - only 5 more days!

I'm linking up with:

Cottage and Vine

And just for a sense of scale here is girl two and buddy boy having lunch today:

I'm also linking to:


Rene' said...

This is so cute!! I love how you made the kids table so special!! I'm going to take note for someday when I have Grandchildren!!

Michelle @Shellsshabbyshack said...

How darling! I'm inspired to make up a table for the little ones,now. In years past we just pull out the card table. You did a nice job of decorating and boy will they have fun!

Merry Christmas!

Jamie said...

Such a good idea & so cute!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a cute idea! The kids will love it.

Rene said...

I think I want to eat at your "kids" table! That is too cute.

I'm so glad you shared this at the party! Happy holidays!


Kate @ The Gaines Gang said...

What a fabulous job! I want to come set at your kids table please!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Mippie said...

oh-what a wonderful kids table! i somehow see some of the grown ups sneaking over to play!

Sixty-Fifth Avenue said...

very cute!

NYCLQ said...

Eventhough I don't have kids - I absolutely ADORE this! What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing over at Susan's BNOTP TT party!

:D Lynda

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

I'd like to eat there!

Donnie said...

What a beautiful kids table you have made. I loved all your pieces especially the Happy Have a Merry Christmas.

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
How adorable and sweet to make a special table for your kids!!! This was a great Idea ~~~ Im your newest follower on your blog.
I hope you can come see my Tablescapes. I hope you and your lovely Family have ~~~~
A Merry Christmas.