Thursday, January 13, 2011

"S" is for Slider

The sliding glass door had a mini makeover.

New window treatment and refinished hardware.

Here we are before:
sterile, cold, unfinished

And after:

New window treatment (drop cloths):

And the sassy brassy door hardware was changed to oil rubbed bronze:
Here's the hardware before:

And ready for some ORB spray:

And the after, so dark and handsome!
(And matches the rest of the first floor.)

We have a much more completed look with just two minor changes, worth every minute.

One last side by side:

I'm linking up to:


Amy of WhisperWood Cottage and Junkologie said...

L-O-V-E-ing this! It's gorgeous!!

Dixie Delights said...

love it! where do you find such great drop cloths?
we just sprayed our door hinges ORB!

Rebecca said...

Wow - I love the changes you made. Two questions - first, do you treat and/or wash the drop cloths before you use them? I've heard of some people bleaching them - do you think this is necessary. Also, how does the ORB paint hold-up to lots of use? Hmmm - that was three questions wasn't it. Thanks and so excited that I found your blog :)

Debbie said...
I praise the person to first use a drop cloth! What a great discovery! I have been wanting to paint some door knobs too! How is the wear and tear??

Jaime said...

Rebecca - Yes I wash and dry the drop cloths before I use them.

And Debbie about the ORB holding up, I sprayed one coat of clear acrylic gloss on top of the ORB, sure it's a bit shiny but it definitely can handle the wear and tear.

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Great transformation..
Love the new handle color and your drapes.

Lori said...

Great transformation!!