Mini clipboards for kids.
Favors for girl #2's birthday party.
Here's how I made them:
1. Use mini clipboards, select your desired papers (I was aiming to match the different colored pens).
2. Mod podge the paper onto the clipboard. (I prefer the matte finish.)
(I followed the same process from the fabric clipboards here to make the cut out around the hardware.)
3. Sand off excess paper around edges for smooth finish.
4. Apply letters (I used rub on adhesive but anything will work.)
(Each clipboard does have a childs name on it but I prefer to mask them for blog posting.)
5. Apply top coat of mod podge once all papers have dried.
6. Attach pen with string to back hook of hardware.
Tie ribbons to front hook of hardware, the more the better. Apply fray check to ends of ribbons.
Not sure how much the boys will appreciate having ribbons attached to their clipboards but it sure looks good!
Don't forget your paper pads, my kids are always wanting a hard surface to write on - especially in the car -so this will be perfect.
I simply used ribbons I already had to coordinate with the papers.
Fun project to personalize however you choose.
I'm linking up to: