A rocking horse makeover.
Aunt B had given this rocking horse to girl #1 and #2 for Christmas a few years back:
My girls were little then and loved the rocking horse but now they're big and the poor horse deserves some attention.
The horse was actually in very good condition but it did have my girls names painted on the rockers.
I decided to give it a makeover so Aunt B can have it for her daughter Lily.
Here's the process:
1. Tape back mane and tail, remove ears and rope bridle.
3. Paint with two coats Behr off white.
4. Paint pink polka dots and name:
5. Sand again to distress.
6. Stain with Minwax antique brown.
7. Seal with clear satin poly.
8. Attach new sisal rope for bridle and new leather ears:
9. Brush out yarn mane and tail, trim and add bow (tied and hot glued) to tail:
Now she's a show pony!
A few detail shots:
One last side by side:
Giddy up Lily!
I'm linking up to: