Sunday, May 1, 2011

"A" is for Apple

Tuesday is Teacher Appreciation Day.


I made these apple pouches for girl #1's teachers.
Similar to the ruffled pouches here.


They measure about 7"w x 6"h, just large enough for all those loose things in your bag.


And they are lined with an apple print:


Velcro to close (because I can't bare to sew in a zipper!):


Fully washable, drop cloth on the exterior and all cotton:


The apple is fused and sewn on with a zig zag stitch (one both sides of the pouch):


All wrapped up and ready to deliver:


A little something utilitarian for the teachers to show how much we care and need them.


I'm linking up to:

The DIY Show Off Thumbnail for 'Made By You Monday' Making http://linda-coastalcharm.blogspot.com/Photobucket  Elements Interiors SYS Thurs Transformation ThursdayVisit thecsiproject.com Chic on a Shoestring Decorating The Shabby Nest   Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special Join us Saturdays at tatertotsandjello.com for
 the weekend wrap up party!  Photobucket

13 comments:

d e l i g h t said...

Very cute! Any teacher would love receiving one of those!
Linda

Tiff said...

I am a teacher and I would be over the moon excited to receive one of these!!!! They are gorgeous! I love the ruffles on the other ones too! x

Screaming Meme said...

No, A is for ADORABLE! :) I love teacher gifts. I used to make them every year when my kids were small...So fun!Hi, I'm Meme for Screaming Meme. I wanted to personally invite you to my Giveaway Series. My first giveaway is beautiful slipcover. If you get the chance stop in and remember to check back and see what I am giving away next. :) Hope to you see there!

Hollie - TheSevenYearCottage.com said...

What a great teacher gift!

radn@HouseonAshwelllane said...

Those are adorable! I love the fabric you used for the linning too!

Radhika

Tracy ~ Craft Junkie Too said...

Thanks so much for sharing -- I found your blog as I was searching for neat ideas for Teacher Appreciation to add to my Link Party -- stop by if you can to check it out and feel free to share any other Teacher Appreciation projects you may have. :)
~Tracy
http://www.craftjunkietoo.com/2011/05/teacher-appreciation-ideas-link-party.html

white life© said...

Jaime, this teacher pouches look sooo pretty and are fanastic gifts. What a nice idea ... great job!

Big hugs
Tine

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

As a former teacher, I would have loved to receive such a thoughtful gift. I lost my pouch for my Blackberry and I was thinking that this would work as a pouch. So clever!

Larissa said...

Super cute. Came from strut your stuff. I am totally going to put this on my to do for next year. Thanks for sharing.

Just Another Day in Paradise

Sweet Floweret said...

SO Sweet!
I just started a linky party this past Tuesday. It was a great success with over 50 link ups! I would love it if you would participate next week! It's called $10 Tuesdays and it's for things that cost less than $10 and take 20-30 mins (ish) to complete. I love inexpensive and quick projects and I'm guessing others will too ;) Thanks so much for considering.
Tina
http://sweetfloweret.blogspot.com/
PS. I'm GIVING away 50 button pony tailers this month! Come visit and claim yours ;)

Lyuba @ Will Cook For Smiles said...

These are so nice! I bet the teacher's loved it!
Following you now from http://willcookforsmiles.blogspot.com/

Allison said...

I teach 1st grade, and would LOVE to get one of these sweet pouches from a student! Yay for you, giving a great present!

freckled laundry said...

Cute! Cute!