Bumper sticker inspired ornaments.
PT. LKT stands for Point Lookout.
These ornaments will be at the Arts & Crafts Market on Saturday.
Inspired by these bumper stickers:
image from shoppointartworks.com
Lots of folks around town have these bumper stickers on their cars.
Now they can have a similar keepsake on their Christmas tree:
Here's how I made them:
1. Use craft wood precut into oval shapes, paint 2 coats flat white on front only.
2. Print out letters, place wood oval under paper, trace letters with ballpoint pen to get an indent.
Paint inside indent with navy blue acrylic.
3. Once dry, sand edges smooth and any excess off backside using 120 grit.
4. Apply light coat Minwax stain, cherry.
Seal with clear acrylic spray.
5. Drill holes to accommodate string thickness:
6. Thread string through and tie knots:
7. For added decoration prepare greenery and berries by tying together with ribbon:
8. Glue to wood.
I like the ornaments both ways, with decoration and without:
These would be cute with any town name, ACK? Or how about school - RES anyone?
I'm linking up to:
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
Textiles @ Freckled Laundry
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Lovely Crafty Weekend @ Lovely Crafty Home
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage