Christmas is a few months away but these ornaments are going to the craft market at the beach next weekend.
I used the cake pop tower I had made here, changed out the ribbon and stuck in the ornaments.
Makes for a perfect display stand.
I had made the pinwheels for a 4th of July tree decoration:
You can see the how-to on the pinwheels here.
I plucked the pinwheels off the tree, added a ribbon, stick and banner and now they are ornaments:
Here's how I made the ornaments:
1. Follow the pinwheel construction in the post here.
2. Using bamboo skewers cut 4" pieces for the sticks:
3. Print out the banner tag and cut into strips:
4. Lay the pinwheel face down, apply hot glue, lay ribbon across pinwheel and then stick in center:
5. Wrap banner tag around stick, glue and trim ends:
Here's how I made the ribbon trim on the tower:
1. Cut 1 1/2" wide strips from blue fabric:
2. Sew strips together at short ends, press long raw edges in about 3/8":
3. Straight stitch down the middle making pleats as you go:
4. Hot glue the pleated trim onto edge of the tower:
5. Completed trim with ornaments:
So fun I want a whole pinwheel tree this Christmas.
I'm linking up to:
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
Textiles @ Freckled Laundry
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Lovely Crafty Weekend @ Lovely Crafty Home
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter