Jute wrapped pumpkins for Fall.
While Hurricane Irene was blowing outside I fired up the glue gun for some Fall crafts,
wrapping up all my styrofoam pumpkins and gourds with jute and twine.
Eventually these will make it to the mantel for Fall.
Here's how I made the pumpkins:
1. Gather your old styrofoam pumpkins and gourds, twine, and hot glue gun:
2. Pull out the plastic stems and discard.
3. Start wrapping the pumpkins either at the base or top using hot glue:
4. Keep wrapping and gluing, no worries about those 'hot glue strings' hanging as they only enhance the nature of the twine.
5. For the stems find a stick and slice short stems with an angled top:
6. Hot glue the stem into place with some woody curly bits:
7. I also used thinner jute on a few for contrast:
Easy project using supplies I already had on hand to update my Fall decor.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
Cottage Flora Thursdays @ Fishtail Cottage
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework
Weekly Challenge @ The CSI Project