Fringe Benefits custom sign.
I painted this sign for a work friend.
She wanted a large wooden version (this sign measures 48"l x 8.25"w) of her business card to hang at her shop space and vendor shows:
I found the closest font, Papyrus Condensed, to match the font on the card.
Here's how I made the sign:
1. Using 3/4" plywood paint two coats off white.
2. Print out letters to fit space and lay out on wood:
3. Trace around letters using ball point pen to leave slight indent in wood.
4. I drew the little man logo to size then traced the outline:
5. Paint espresso brown inside the indent left in the wood:
6. Add a second layer of thin black paint to enhance the color.
Highlight the letters with black.
7. Sand edges to soften.
Stain with Minwax Ipswich Pine.
Seal with satin poly.
A large sturdy version of her business card has come to life.
Hope she gets lots of good use out of the new sign.