This elf does double duty, unique packaging and
Class goodie bags for buddy boy's school friends: individual mini modeling clay - with all the colors of the rainbow.
Perfect size, perfect cost ($2.50 each at World Market).
Here's how I made the elves:
1. Make paper head using cardstock or manila folder.
Roll clay container on its side and mark top and bottom edges as you go making an arch shape:
2. Cut out arched piece:
3. Flip clay container upside down.
4. Wrap cardstock around container and hot glue for snug fit:
(*Be sure glue does NOT touch container.)
5. Punch 2 tiny holes in either side of the cardstock:
(This is for the string that goes across to hold the clay inside the elf.)
6. Hot glue ribbon around the bottom edge for the scarf:
7. Tie a scarf-like knot and glue in place:
8. Add hair.
I used natural wool roving.
9. Cut hair same length as height of cardstock:
10. Hot glue around top edge:
11. Make hat from felt triangles:
12. Sew side seams:
13. Turn right side out:
14. Hot glue on top of hair:
Add chenille trim.
15. Make ears.
Cut felt heart shape and fold over 1/2 of one heart lobe:
Hot glue in crease.
16. Hot glue ears in place.
Add circle felt cheeks.
White cardstock punch hole eyes.
17. Add hanging string using needle.
18. Add small bell to end of hat:
19. Add tiny red pom pom nose.
Black marker eyeballs and red marker mouth:
20. Run string through bottom 2 holes inside, place clay inside elf.
Prepare 'instructions' for parents:
'Untie and remove the string to release your gift, then hang your ornament.'
21. Attach instructions to string and secure with bow tie:
22. All set for the class Christmas party:
A little twist on classroom goodie bags.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Holiday Highlights @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic