Merry Christmas painted sign.
Is it too early? Never.
Thanksgiving was yesterday so we're in the clear.
Here's how I made the sign:
1. Use reclaimed wood, this piece is tongue and groove paneling (7 1/4"h x 74"l).
Prime and paint two coats Behr Tile Red.
Print out letters to fit.
Lay out letters and trace using ballpoint pen:
2. Pressure of ballpoint pen will leave an indent in the wood:
3. Paint espresso brown on and inside the indent:
4. Then paint thin layer of black and highlight letters with off white:
5. Sand to distress with 120grit:
6. Stain with Minwax special walnut:
7. Seal with clear satin poly.
Add two sawtooth hangers on back.
This sign is a special order for Colleen, makes me want to get out my decorations!
Maybe not yet.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Handmade Holiday @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic