Craft: tiny paper star ornaments
Personalized with a single letter in the center:
These will be teacher gifts for Christmas this year.
A miniature version of this larger paper star wreath:
(This star measures 15" point to point.)
The ornaments are a fraction of the size, measuring 5" point to point:
Here's how I made the tiny stars:
1. Prepare the paper rolls.
Using old paperback books tear the pages into small rectangles.
(These rectangles measure about 2.5" x 2")
Roll the rectangle into a cone and hot glue:
2. Each ornament uses 20 paper rolls, make a lot of rolls:
3. For the base cut out stars from heavy cardstock / chipboard or thin cardboard.
(This is a 3" star, free pattern here.)
4. Make the hanger using a needle and silver thread:
5. Start by gluing the rolls on the points of the star:
6. Then add rolls to the cervices and finally fill in between:
7. To add glitter to the edges brush on white glue:
8. Shake glitter over edges (do this over a piece of paper to collect excess glitter for reuse).
9. For center monogram cut 2" circle from cardstock, adhere letter sticker in center:
10. Brush white glue onto letter:
11. Shake glitter to cover letter.
Let it rest and dry a bit before proceeding.
12. Shake off excess glitter:
13. Hot glue letter into center of star:
A fast, fun ornament that will make a great gift.
And I bet you probably already have the supplies to make this one.
Here they are all wrapped up ready for gift giving:
(To see how to make the window boxes click here.)
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic