A patchwork quilt for Ben:
Twin size to fit his big boy bed:
And personalized on the back side:
Inspired by this quilt from Pottery Barn:
I combined the two styles and used colors to match Ben's bedroom:
Back when Ben was first born I had made a crib size quilt as a gift.
Ben's Mommy sent me this picture of him sitting on it:
Fast forward two plus years later and now he's ready for a big boy bed and a bigger quilt:
Here's how I made the quilt:
1. Cut 7" squares and layout:
2. Sew squares together:
3. Prepare the backing monogram.
Print out letter to size.
Apply double sided fusible to fabric.
4. Place letter backwards on light box then place fabric face down on light box and trace onto paper backing:
5. Cut out letter, place on backing and iron into place:
6. Zigzag stitch around edge:
7. Make quilt sandwich: backing, batting and top:
8. Using safety pins secure quilt sandwich every 8" or so.
Then quilt on the diagonal.
9. Trim edges and add binding:
10. Press binding over quilt edge and fold in raw edge, then straight stitch in the gutter from the top:
11. Wash and dry and it's ready.
Enjoy your new quilt Ben
Use it often (and wash it too!) because, as with everything, it only gets better with age.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic