A wreath request from my sister.
Fabric strips wrapped around styrofoam wreath form.
Embellished with cut out flowers and buttons:
My sister had seen this wreath on a blog:
She asked for something similar to use for Christmas.
This is what I came up with:
I searched for more inspiration on Pinterest and found this:
This is more my speed, it comes from Jeni at In Color Order, she has a beautiful blog full of great ideas.
Here's how I made the wreath:
1. Using a 12" styrofoam wreath form:
2. Slice the foam in half, wreath will lay better against the door and bonus! - now you can make 2 wreaths.
3. Use a serrated knife and gently work through all the way around:
4. Now the wreath will rest better against the door:
5. Select fabrics, red and green for Christmas here:
6. Make 2" strips:
7. Iron each strip in half for a finished edge:
8. Start wrapping strips, use hot glue to hold end pieces in place on back, flat side of wreath form:
9. Keep wrapping and tuck final end piece under beginning piece:
10. Cover the back with white felt to hide all the strip ends:
11. Make flower using double sided iron-on fusible interfacing.
Cut out petal shapes in various sizes.
Layer petals and sew on button center:
12. Hot glue flowers into place:
Hang using ribbon:
And the flat back also keeps the wreath from being knocked by 'not-so-careful' visitors coming through the door:
My sister does have a dark blue door so the red and green will really pop against her door.
One wreath coming your way sister.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic