Glittered paper star wreath
Made from old paperback book pages, add some glitter and presto:
Looks like a delicate pastry made for the walls.
Here's how I made the paper star:
1. Using a 3D cardboard star shape (thank you Grandma) slice in half:
2. Prepare paper rolls.
Carefully remove old paperback pages.
Tear in half for a more squarish shape.
Roll into cone shape and hot glue.
3. Make lots of paper rolls:
4. Start by gluing rolls onto star points:
Then in the crevices:
5. Fill in all the between sections:
6. Add the next layer leaving top portion of previous layer exposed:
7. This star has 2 layers with an extra layer on top only to emphasize the points:
8. To add the glitter, brush on white glue just on the edges of the roll, doing only a few at a time:
9. Shake glitter onto glue (be sure to do this over scrap paper to collect the excess glitter for re-use).
Hang and enjoy
Previously I shared a rectangular version here:
But the star is definitely better suited for Christmas:
And I just made some mini star ornaments too:
Get the full tutorial on these little ones here.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic