Built: vintage style doll crib
Built using plans from Ana White here.
Painted in creamy off white with crackle finish:
A special request from a friend.
Big enough for two baby dolls:
Or one sleepy baby:
Here's how I made the crib:
1. Cut pieces to fit using Ana White's plans here:
2. For the end pieces I made a template on graph paper using Ana's layout, then traced the template onto each end piece and cut out with a jigsaw:
3. Construct with glue and screws:
4. Prime and paint one coat BM Kansas Grain.
For the crackle effect paint one layer of white school glue:
6. Immediately add the second coat of BM Kansas Grain, as the glue dries faster than the paint it creates a crackle look, the effect starts almost immediately:
7. Work each surface separately leaving it flat (horizontal) to dry, if you tip it vertical you will get droopy, saggy sloppy cracks.
8. After it dries it looks like this:
9. To enhance the crackles rub brown acrylic paint in the cracks then wipe away the excess:
10. Sand to distress edges.
11. Stain with Minwax Early American to age the whole crib.
Then seal with clear satin poly:
9. For the mattress, cut a piece of foam mattress topper to length, set inside bottom of crib and then fold over sandwiching the bumpy part of the topper together:
10. Wrap foam with cotton batting and stitch or hot glue to hold mattress together and keep shape.
At this point you can cover with fabric and add bedding as you wish.
Or just leave it plain, loving the simplicity.
Thanks Ana for the great plans.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic