DIY goody bags for Valentine's Day.
These are going to school with girl #2 for her Valentine's Day party.
Made from drop cloth canvas and cotton gingham they are completely washable too!
Here's how I made them:
1. Supplies needed:
1 - canvas drop cloth (10" x 6")
1 - medium fusible interfacing (10" x 6")
2 - lining fabric (5" x 6")
1 - 5" red zipper
heart applique cut out
ribbon for zipper pull
I order my zippers in bulk from Jennifer at her Etsy shop: zipit.
For the applique hearts apply fusible interfacing to back of fabric, trace a heart shape and cut out:
2. Begin by fusing interfacing to canvas.
Then pin heart applique in place:
Zig zag stitch heart in place:
3. Place zipper face down on right side of canvas then one lining piece:
4. Stitch into place, then press lining over to cover seam and top stitch down to avoid getting caught in zipper:
5. Repeat process for other side:
6. Lining pieces together straight stitch side seams beginning at pouch bottom:
7. Miter corners of canvas for a flat bottom pouch which creates depth for items to fit better inside:
8. Snip mitered corners to get rid of bulk:
9. Turn right side out, press lining bottom raw edge in 1/2" then top stitch closed:
10. Push lining into pouch and press:
11. Press bottom flat edge into pouch for finished look:
12. Add ribbon detail to zipper and seal cut ends with fray check:
Then make 24 more and they're ready for use.
Fill with treats and wrap for giving:
I printed the tags on card stock:
Cut out the words and used double stick tape to adhere to polka dot paper and then red card stock:
Punch holes in the ends:
And tied on with twine:
Happy Valentine's Day!
For more candy free valentines ideas click here: