A KEEP OUT Private Property handpainted sign for a college friend.
Complete with a nautical themed rope border to soften the harsh message.
My friend Bridget will be using this sign at her Maryland shore house at the entrance to her dock.
Her husband swears folks make use of their dock on weekends they're not there.
Hopefully this will deter any unwanted visitors.
Here's how I made the sign:
1. Cut 3/4" plywood to size (23" x 12.5") and paint one coat primer, two coats Behr lake blue:
2. Print out lettering to size, lay in place on wood and use ballpoint pen to trace lettering leaving indent in wood:
3. Paint inside the indent left behind:
4. Repeat process for all lettering:
5. For rope border paint dark outline, loosely just to lay in the shape:
6. Then paint lighter tan rope shape and start blending with dark brown:
7. Seal with two coats clear acrylic, then two coats Helmsman clear exterior poly:
Thanks Bridget for a fun project.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic