Make: A circular mirror with wood slices all around.
I used an Ikea KOLJA mirror adhered to plywood and glued wood slices all around:
I love all the different sizes, tones and patterns:
Part of a little Master Bedroom makeover but more importantly fills a quirky space where the roof eave cuts into the wall:
Here's how I made the mirror:
1. Purchase an Ikea KOLJA mirror or any circular mirror.
This one is 22" round.
2. Using 3/8" plywood, trace around the edge of the mirror onto the plywood:
3. Now add 3.5" all around to the perimeter of traced mirror circle:
4. Cut out the larger circle with a jigsaw:
5. Attach cleat to back.
First attach 3/4" plywood scrap:
6. Then attach cleat to scrap and circle piece:
7. Cut lots of wood slices from fallen branches:
8. Keep cutting, you need lots:
9. Prime and paint the outer 3.5" perimeter border same color as walls so any open spaces between wood slices 'blends' into wall.
10. Adhere wood slices with wood glue, start with bigger pieces and follow traced line from mirror edge:
11. Keep adding wood slices to fill in the space.
The more different sizes, the more interesting the frame.
12. Apply Liquid Nails for mirrors with a chaulking gun all around middle space, stay at least 2" away from edge:
13. Set mirror in place.
Weight mirror down with heavy objects, use towel to protect mirror surface:
14. To hang, secure other cleat half to wall:
15. Gently place mirror cleat into wall cleat:
All set and you really don't even notice the painted plywood behind all the wood slices:
The look is unique and a bit rustic, right up my alley.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic