Sew: A love sign for the front door:
Blanket stitched letters adhered to scrap beadboard with trim frame.
Just in time for Valentine's Day.
Another way to spread the love.
Here's how I made the sign:
1. Cut beadboard and 3/8" plywood piece same size:
2. Secure the two boards together with liquid nails.
3. Print out letters to fit board.
I used Bookman Old Style BOLD font at 425 point.
4. Using Heat N Bond double sided fusible webbing, apply to wrong side of fabric:
5. Place letter right side up on light box, then place fabric right side up on top of letter, trace JUST OUTSIDE the printed letter.
Then using the blanket stitch setting, stitch JUST INSIDE the pencil lines:
6. Trim fabric on the pencil lines:
7. Now remove paper backing to expose adhesive.
Be very careful near stitches, yes this is tedious but worth it.
8. Place letter on beadboard and iron into place securely.
9. Add trim to make frame:
10. Using a staple gun add hanging ribbon:
11. Hang and enjoy.
(Consider placing a small dab of sticky tack on the back center between door and sign to avoid sign moving around when you pull open the door.)
The detailed trim piece I found in the garage, makes the edge look a bit like a stamp.
Happy Valentine's Day.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic