Saturday, February 4, 2012

"N" is for Nightstands

Paint: nightstand makeover






Here's the before:


And now:


Here's how I painted the nightstands:

1. Sand and wipe down.

2. Paint three coats Behr Lake Blue:


3. Distress with 120 grit.

4. Stain with Minwax Special Walnut.

For comparison on the left is before stain, on the right is after stain:


5. Seal with clear satin poly.


A fun change to update our bedroom.


Slightly nautical, slightly rustic American, I always love a little red, white and blue.


I'm linking up to:

Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework
All Things Furniture @ Perfectly Imperfect
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
POWW @ Primitive & Proper
Before & After Party @ Thrift Decor Chick

14 comments:

~ChubbyMommy said...

LOVE your nightstand!! And the shutters behind the bed? Awesome!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

they look fantastic, jaime! i love the color they bring to the room!
also, we received emmy's toadstool change purse today- it is ADORABLE!!!!! thank you SO much!!!!

Katy said...

love that color

Feral Turtle said...

Just gorgeous! I love the burst of color they add. Great choice.

The Inspired Nest said...

I am in love with the color! It really made this sweet nightstand make a statement!
Lacy

Maury Kilgo said...

Love the dark blue! It really pops!

Kristi said...

The blue on this is so fantastic...the perfect shade! Love the slight weathering to it, too! Would be delighted for you to link up with us at Mop It Up Mondays (going on through Friday): http://www.ishouldbemoppingthefloor.com/2012/02/mop-it-up-mondays-party-2.html

{HUGS},
kristi

Suzanne@Meridian Road said...

I love that blue! They pop~and your headboard is great!
I think the room has sort of a Ralph Lauren look to it.

Katie said...

WOW this is gorgeous!!! Love the blue!

Vicky said...

Looks great! I don't know if I would have had the guts to paint it blue but I just adore the result! I am a new Pinterest follower visiting from Somewhat Simple. Vicky from Mess For Less

sstone said...

I LOVE that blue color. It's gorgeous!
Shiloh
everydaygameplan.net

Patti said...

wow...that blue is gorgeous! Nice makeover!

Unknown said...

Love, love, love the color you chose!

Looks awesome!


Would LOVE it if you'd link this up to my Feature Friday FREE-FOR-ALL party which is live right now!

http://www.fivedaysfiveways.com/2012/02/feature-friday-free-for-all-6-little.html

P.S. I'm a new follower : )

~Abbie

Jessica @ Decor Adventures said...

Fabulous color! I think I got it once for a tester, which is why I like it so!

Great change for the space :-)