Make: easy alphabet art
Another version of my knock off alphabet art here, this one was done in red for a new baby boy.
Here's the original done in MS rainwater:
And another one done in sage green to match the baby's bedding:
Here's how I made the art:
1. Cut 3 3/4" plywood pieces at 9.5" x 12.5".
Prime and paint two coats Behr tile red, distress edges and stain Minwax early american:
2. Apply stamp ink to edges of cards for aged look.
3. Arrange cards on boards. Start with the middle board then use that as your template for the 2 side boards to keep everything lined up:
4. Use carpet tacks, I prefer #3 black but #6 will work (the head is slightly larger).
The carpet tacks are slightly raised from the board:
5. For the extra 27th card in the middle, trace one of the cards onto cardstock, cut out and paint any small artwork you choose:
I've found the K & Company alphabet cards at Michaels in the past, also online at Amazon and just recently here.
One pack of cards contains 2 full alphabet sets, bargain!
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Weekend Wrap Up @ Tatertots & Jello
Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Mondays @ Skip to My Lou
Making the World Cuter @ Making the World Cuter
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Delightfully Inspiring @ Delightful Order
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Tickled Pink @ 504 Main
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic