Wednesday, March 1, 2017

DIY Clubhouse Bed for Kids

A DIY clubhouse bed for kids!

diy clubhouse kids loft bed


diy clubhouse kids loft bed



pottery barn eli fort bed

image from Pottery Barn Kids

I even added the 'SURFBOARDS' sign to complete the knock off:

surfboards sign on loft bed


Perhaps underneath the loft bed is the best part:

ladder steps for kids clubhouse bed

And when you close the curtains:

ladder steps for kids clubhouse bed

You have the perfect hide out:

hideout area under clubhouse bed

I attached the curtains with simple rods hooked through giant screw eyes:

curtains for hideout under clubhouse bed

screw eyes to hold curtian rods

And I used a navy and white chevron fabric:

navy and white chevron fabric

They have great prices and free shipping if you spend $35.

I also added some curtain tie backs with velcro for the kids:

navy and white chevron curtains for hideout

Cut 2" strip of fabric and velcro pieces:

navy and white chevron velcro tiebacks

Press fabric in half and then press raw edge in, straight stitch closed and stitch on velcro:

navy and white chevron velcro tiebacks

Screw directly to 2x4 inner leg:

navy and white chevron velcro tiebacks

Much more tidy looking

navy and white chevron velcro tiebacks

clubhouse loft bed with hideout area underneath

I added some long outdoor cushions, fabric bunting and the cutest little red stool:

clubhouse loft bed with hideout area underneath

The stool is built from Ana White's plans here.

diy kids round stooldiy kids round stool

This clubhouse bed was truly built for buddy boy so I made him a special sign:

no girls allowed sign on clubhouse bed

But as soon as my girls saw it they went to make their own 'NO BOYS ALLOWED' sign, at least they're keeping busy with the new bed!

31 comments:

  1. holy crap that is awesome! no wonder you couldn't wait to share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meravigliosa!!Meravigliosaaaaaaa!!
    Baci dall'Italia!!
    Sabry!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! What an awesome bed and hidey-play area underneath
    Stacey-Lee :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jaime, you never cease to amaze me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't even know what to say. I am in awe! My kids would LOVE this. Might have to add this to hubby's to do list! :) SO. COOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! So cool ~ not showing the hubs or my kids because they would ALL want one!!! lol Great work!
    xo
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowee! Any kid would love this! Bravo!
    <3 Christina

    ReplyDelete
  8. So Sweet! A total dream for your kids. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, my goodness!! this is awesome! My kids would flip over a cool clubhouse like this! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is absolutely amazing! I'm sure he loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally amazing!!! I think I need a bed like that! Love the hang out below and all of your little details are fabulous. Shared on my Facebook page!
    Jenn :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I SO LOVE this.... this would be fun even as an outside playhouse

    ReplyDelete
  13. Jaime, thank you for working with me on this project. You are one special lady, and seeing Buddy Boy love his bed just made my whole week! You are always and inspiration to me. Ana

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so amazing!! What lucky kids!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! My boys are a little to young for this yet, but
    I can't wait to make a bed like this for them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can't wait for the plans to make this!! Saw this at PB and loved it but the price...YIKES!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved this! You're featured in my furniture redo roundup! So impressive! What kid wouldn't love this??

    http://daysofchalkandchocolate.blogspot.com/2012/05/gorgeous-furniture-redos.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. would LOVE to make something like this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Jaime, you have outdone yourself! What an awesome bed! Your son will have such great memories.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks cool! How is the changing the sheet business going though? Is it hard as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  21. How AWESOME!! This is way cool! Would LOVE it if you would link this project up at my brand new Trendy Tuesday party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2012/05/trendy-tuesday-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fantastic project! I'm visiting from Primitive & Proper....you should put this in Debbiedoo's Magazine Copycat...coming up soon!
    Blessings, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. I want one. I'd love for you to share this post on my new link party
    http://naptimedelights.blogspot.ca/2012/05/document.html

    Thanks!
    Sarah @ www.naptimedelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I would love for you to share this on my linky party!
    http://www.igottatrythat.com/p/blog-hop-linky-colde.html
    Thanks, Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  25. my son saw this yesterday at the pottery barn site and loved it. might have to build this for him

    ReplyDelete
  26. We are in the process of building this bed for our 3 yr old grandson for Christmas. My question is: how much material (yardage) did you use or order for the curtains. It looks like you did the front and one side only. Please let me know. Thanks so much. He will just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi, that's awesome! We're going to build one too. Can you tell me what's the lenght of the bed (for matras size)?

    ReplyDelete