Sew: monogrammed polka dot pouches
The perfect coin purse size for your money, lip gloss, etc.
These pouches measure 5"w x 4.5"h x 1"thick at base.
The monogram and lining are navy blue to contrast with the cute pink and white polka dots:
And each pouch is personalized with the receipents' first initial:
Here's how I made the pouches:
1. Supplies needed:
1 - exterior fabric 6"w x 10"l
2 - lining fabric 6"w x 5"l
1 - fusible interfacing 6" x 10"
1 - 5" zipper
grosgrain ribbon for zipper pull
2. Fuse interfacing on to wrong side of exterior fabric.
Pin letter in place:
3. Zig zag stitch around letter:
4. Place zipper face down on top edge of exterior fabric then place one piece of lining fabric and stitch along top edge:
5. Flip lining over and top stitch down to keep from getting caught in zipper:
6. Repeat for other side of zipper using other end of exterior fabric:
7. Sew side seams shut and miter the bottom corners:
8. Clip mitered corners and turn right side out.
Press side seams open and press in raw edge then top stitch lining shut:
9. Push lining into pouch and press:
To see the bigger version click here.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic