Build: mudroom bins
Monogrammed with a single letter, one for each child:
And a cutout handle:
These bins measure 17"w x 15"d x 11"h, big and deep enough to hold all that cubby clutter - gloves, scarves, etc:
I've built lots of mudroom bins now, they are the perfect solution to fill the cubby space with a personalized, decorative, useful accessory.
Here's how I built the mudroom bins:
1. Cut 1/2" plywood to size:
The sides are tapered in 1.5" on the lower edge.
2. Mark handle cutout with template:
3. Using circular drill bit remove end portions of handle cutout:
Then use a jigsaw to remove middle portion with a straight cut.
4. Construct with #6 - 1 1/2" wood screws and glue.
Then cut bottom from 1/4" plywood, nail and glue in place.
Putty, sand and prime.
5. Paint, I used Benjamin Moore high gloss enamel:
6. Print out letter, I used Engravers font 425 point.
Align print out and trace letter with ballpoint pen:
7. To paint I used DecoArt Traditions brushes, #3 round and #10 Filbert:
8. Paint on and inside the indent left by the pressure from the pen:
9. Seal with clear acrylic spray gloss.
10. Add felt to bottom.
Trace bin on white felt:
11. Cut out felt.
Sand base of bin to remove any excess paint.
Apply felt with spray adhesive then trim excess.
12. The felt is optional but a really nice touch to protect the finish on the cubbies and for ease when pulling the bin in and out:
Thank you Tracy, I hope your family enjoys their new bins.
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Made by You Monday @ Skip to My Lou
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic