Sew: monogrammed swingset flags
Four nylon swingset flags, a special request from a friend to replace her old, worn flags.
** Please note in all the pictures below I attached the flags to our swingset, this is not their permanent home and I'm sure they have a much better position on my friend's swingset.**
Made from rip stop nylon, these flags should be able to handle all sorts of weather.
The old flags were worn, tattered and faded:
And the new flags now have the kids first initial too!
Here's how I made the swingset flags:
1. Purchase multiple colors of rip stop nylon:
2. Using the old flag as a pattern, layer up the nylon and pin the old flag on top:
3. Cut out around the old flag leaving a 3/8" seam allowance:
4. Print out letters to size.
Pin letter onto nylon scrap:
5. Cut around letter, leaving 1/4" seam allowance:
6. Pin nylon letter into place and turn under 1/4" before zig zag stitching into place:
7. Turn under raw edge twice all around length of flag and straight stitch:
8. Make sleeve for post using old flag as a pattern, turn under raw edge then straight stitch.
Be sure to stitch top closed and leave bottom open:
Ready to decorate your swingset!