Paint: baby stats wall art
Handpainted baby announcement stats made into wall art for this new baby girl:
Painted on 3/4" plywood and framed with 7/8" flat molding:
Here's how I painted the baby stats wall art:
1. Cut 3/4" plywood 10" x 10".
Using MS Word print out letters, I used Gloucester MT Extra Condensed font at 100-150 point:
2. Prime and paint plywood.
Layout words and using ballpoint pen trace letters with heavy pressure:
3. Paint on and inside indent left behind my pen using white acrylic:
4. Add dot detail with end of paintbrush:
5. Stain 45" of 7/8" flat molding with Minwax Early American.
Cut molding to fit one side - should be 10":
6. Attach molding using wood glue and #18 5/8" finish nails:
Keep molding flush with back edge of plywood.
7. Seal with Minwax clear semi-gloss:
The molding creates a finished edge peeking out slightly above the main plywood piece, a great frame option.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic