Build: kids adirondack chairs
Three kid size adirondack chairs with handpainted stars:
So sturdy even Mommy fits in these chairs:
The perfect backyard accessory, even if the kids don't sit in them very long.
Thank you Ana for making great plans for more backyard fun!
Here's how I finished the kids adirondack chairs:
1. Build the chairs as per Ana's plans.
Build the back piece then use a jigsaw to make curve:
2. When adding the seat slats use a scrap piece of wood for consistent spacing:
3. Sand, prime then two coats Rustoleum white lacquer:
4. Print out a 1.75" star.
Center star on chair back, trace outline with a ballpoint pen:
5. Using Americana patio paint and DecoArt Traditions round #3 brush:
6. Paint on and inside the indent left behind by the pen:
I did three coats.
7. Seal star with clear spray poly gloss:
I'm linking up to:
Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane
SAS @ Funky Junk
Sister Sunday @ Sisters of the Wild West
Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative
DIY Fall Festival @ The DIY Showoff
Nifty Thrifty @ Coastal Charm
Tuesday Treasures @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Feathered Nest @ French Country Cottage
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic