Paint: frame makeover
A friend asked if I could repaint this gold frame:
With a light green to coordinate with the background color in the print:
Ultimately this artwork will be hung in a little girls room and the gold frame was a bit much.
The walls in her room are painted pale pink so the light green is a good choice.
The new frame color makes the tulip print stand out much more and provides a subtle border.
Here's how I painted the frame:
1. Apply painters tape and newspaper to protect glass:
2. Sand off gold finish:
3. Using Benjamin Moore Aura jack and the beanstalk #442 begin painting with a brush in the detailed portions:
4. Then use a 5" roller for the remaining flat portions:
(Repeat process for two coats total.)
5. Seal paint with Minwax spray poly clear gloss:
6. Be sure to score the tape before you try to pull it off the glass:
7. Then slowly peel away tape:
Ready to hang.