Build: personalized lego trays
I can't take credit for this idea although I did see it coming at some point.
My friend asked for a lego tray for her son but she also wanted his name on it, so smart!
Now we have personalized lego trays! And adding the name is the easiest part.
It all began with the original portable lego tray:
Then I modified the plans for a better build:
And then the 'easy to carry' square version:
And now the personalized version:
I handpainted the name on both sides.
Here's a top view of the layout:
Here's how I made the personalized lego trays:
1. Build the trays as per the instructions in my post here.
I used 1/2" MDF for these trays.
2. Print out the letters and center on side:
I used Century Gothic font in 90 point.
3. Using a ballpoint pen trace letters:
4. Paint on and inside indent left behind from pen:
5. Seal paint with Minwax spray poly clear semi gloss:
6. Check lego baseplate for fit, see how this piece doesn't sit perfectly inside the tray:
7. Trim lego baseplate with exacto knife:
8. Finish as per process in my post here.
Ready for action!
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Good Life @ A Beach Cottage
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic