Paint: Boston landmarks wedding plaque
A special request for a Boston themed wedding plaque similar to the New York and Breezy Point versions I had previously done.
A gift for newlyweds complete with their family name and wedding date.
For this Boston landmarks version I used Quincy Market and the ducks from the duck pond:
The green monster at Fenway Park and the Citgo sign:
A street sign and buildings from the North End where this couple had lived at one time:
The USS Constitution in Charlestown:
And the Zakim bridge (which is upside down in this picture):
Here's how I made the plaque:
1. Sketch out landmarks on craft paper cut to size (12"h x 18"l).
Cut outline and trace onto 1/2" MDF board:
2. Paint background then add details:
3. Print lettering to size, position then trace with ballpoint pen to create indent.
Paint on and inside indent.
4. Seal with Minwax spray poly semi-gloss.
5. Predrill holes for hook eyes, use pliers to pry open one side of hook and slip other hook into opening then squeeze shut:
6. Add sawtooth hangers to back.