Build: doll high chair
I used Ana White's plans to build this doll high chair complete with movable tray:
Here's my 6 year old girl #2 operating the tray:
I made this doll high chair for my niece Lily's 2nd birthday:
On the right is the hinge and on the left is a piece of felt which 1) softens the 'slam' of the tray and 2) provides thickness same as the hinge to level out the tray:
Here's how I made the doll high chair:
1. Cut wood using Ana White's plans here:
I used pocket holes throughout and a spare 1x2 as a spacer:
3. Assembled and wood putty.
The tray is a 10 1/2" w piece of 3/4" birch plywood scrap shaped with a jigsaw:
4. Prime and paint the tray two coats Behr Swiss Coffee.
Draw decorative swirls with pencil:
5. Paint swirls with Americana peony pink:
6. Seal tray with Minwax clear semi-gloss poly spray:
7. Prime and paint high chair two coats Behr frosted lemon:
8. Sand to distress.
Seal high chair with Minwax clear satin poly:
9. Attach hinge and felt.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
POWW @ Primitive & Proper