Sew: monogrammed chevron pouches
Zippered navy chevron pouches with bright colored monograms and lining to match:
(Each pouch measures 12"l x 7"h x 1.5"d at base.)
After making that last batch of chevron totes I used up some scraps to make these pouches:
Each with a personalized monogram:
Or in this case a single large letter:
Here's how I made the chevron pouches:
chevron: 13" x 17"
med. weight fusible interfacing: 13" x 17"
lining: 2 @ 13" x 8.5"
fabric letters (how-to here)
grosgrain ribbon for zipper pull
2. Fuse interfacing to wrong side of chevron.
Pin letters in place on one half:
3. Zig zag stitch letters in place to secure:
4. Place zipper face down on one end then lining:
Straight stitch with zipper foot and repeat for other end.
5. Top stitch chevron in place to prevent chevron and lining from getting stuck in zipper:
The top stitching creates a nice contrast finished edge:
6. Stitch sides together and miter corners:
7. Turn right side out, press side seams open, press in bottom lining edge 1/2" and top stitch closed:
8. Push lining down into pouch and press.
Add ribbon to zipper pull.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic