Paint: blanket inspired camp sign
Have you discovered Best Made Company? They make tools, equipment and basic outdoor living supplies. Now I'm not the camping type but I do like to get my hands dirty with projects.
The story behind the company is really what drew me in, their workshop and company is based in
New York City but, it gets better, they have an outpost in of all places, St. Paul, Minnesota!
I have yet to come across a company with a style that I love, who makes their products in New York (like me) AND has a midwest base in Minnesota (where I grew up). The stars have aligned.
All you Midwesterners at heart take a quick click through their website and tell me you aren't in love!
And I just had to make a sign based on this blanket:
Camp Lumberlander is a fictional place I made up but Lumberland, NY is a real place where Best Made Company holds camp when they want to escape from the city and test out their products in the real world.
Here's how I made the sign:
1. Using 3 scrap wood pieces secure them together with pocket holes:
2. My scraps happen to already be painted a dark brown but if you want to paint the background do it now.
3. Print out lettering to fit space:
CAMP is Bolton font, lumberlander is Ecolier_court font.
4. Position lettering and trace outline with ballpoint pen:
5. Paint on and inside indent left behind by ballpoint pen:
6. Add side stripes:
7. Add shadowing to letters:
8. Sand to distress:
9. Seal with clear satin poly:
10. Add sawtooth hanger.
Put a dab of wood glue under the nail hole, stick tiny nail into glue then hammer:
11. The glue holds the nail in place momentarily and then your sawtooth hanger is super secure once the glue dries:
Hang and enjoy:
Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Best Made Company and was not compensated in any way to write this post.
I simply enjoy their products and style and hope you do too!
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic