Sew: personalized sequined pouches
I've added purple sequined pouches to the line up.
And made a few more turquoise:
In addition to the original pink and green:
Here's how I made the sequined pouches:
drop cloth: 11" x 14"
med. weight fusible interfacing: 11" x 14"
cotton lining: 2 @ 11" x 7"
fabric letters (tutorial here)
2. Fuse interfacing to drop cloth.
Center letters on one end and pin in place:
3. Zig zag stitch letters in place:
4. Sew sequins over letters.
5. Place zipper face down at one end then one lining piece:
6. Straight stitch with zipper foot then top stitch on lining to keep from getting caught in zipper:
7. Repeat for other end of pouch using other side of zipper:
8. Right sides together stitch side seams closed and miter corners:
9. Clip corners, turn right side out, press lining side seams open, press lining opening up and in 1/2":
10. Top stitch lining closed. Push down into pouch and press smooth:
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic