Monday, September 24, 2012

"S" is for Spider Wreath

Craft: rolled paper Halloween spider wreath



Super fast and easy rolled paper wreath with black glittered edges and dangly spider:



Our freshly painted front door is the perfect backdrop for this Halloween season.

The hanging ribbon has a spider web weave in it:





Here's how I made the rolled paper wreath:


For this version, tear old book pages in half and roll into cones.  Hot glue cones in 3 layers around edge of plastic frame.

Apply white glue with a paintbrush to edges of the cones.
Sprinkle on black glitter:


2. The spider is plastic, I drilled a hole in his rear and threaded clear fishing line through the hole and around the back of the frame:



I'm linking up to:

SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework
Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table & Dreaming

Flaunt Your Fall @ Chic on a Shoestring

18 comments:

Megan said...

Happy Birthday! Love the wreath!

Katies Life Ever After said...

Well, that is one of my all-time favorite Halloween wreaths! I absolutely love it and using a picture frame is the best idea I've ever heard:) Great job, Jaime!!

Best,
Katie
http://katieslifeeverafter.blogspot.com

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

This is adorable! Love the dangling spider, and all the glitter!

Cassie @ Primitive & Proper said...

this is AWESOME! love the black glitter and the spider!

Sawdust and Paperscraps said...

Absolutely love it!

Ann Marie said...

Awesome wreath!! One of the best I've seen - I'll definitely be trying this one!

Our Pinteresting Family said...

This is amazing! I love the shape and the design. Just beautiful!! Megan

Bonnie and Trish @ Uncommon said...

Love this! The square shape is so cool!!

Jen @ frazzled 5 said...

Beautiful. Totally cute!
New Follower:)
Jen @ frazzled5

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

This is so cute. love anything w/ book pages and black glitter makes it really pop!

Britni @ Hubby Made Me said...

LOVE! This wreath is awesome and I love the dangling spider, I wonder if that would help keep the solicitors away? If so, I definitely need one! I would be thrilled if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday party :) I hope to see you there and thank you so much for sharing! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-12/

Jennifer said...

I love this wreath, its so cute! Thank you for linking up to our Pretty Things Party! Hope you'll be back next week!

Desiree @ The 36th AVENUE said...

Thank you so much for linking up to the party. I am featuring you tomorrow...♥

Maria said...

What a beautiful wreath! I love the shape of it! Nicely done!

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

I just love everything about this wreath! The one spider, the printed paper and the black edging on it! What a great project! Thank you for sharing it!

iheartclearance.com said...

Love it, I just did a newspaper wreath that took forever. I wish I saw this first..I will try this for christmas.

iheartclearance.com said...

Love it, I just did a newspaper wreath that took forever. I wish I saw this first..I will try this for christmas.

Jenny Lynn said...

Brilliant!!! I really like the way it looks and want one now.