Build: mudroom closet cubbies & bench
A mudroom closet makeover for a friend:
Aside from purging a lot of unused items which really helps in a makeover, I built custom size shoe cubbies for a more organized space.
Before she had a flimsy hanging shoe organizer:
And now 12 solid wood shoe cubbies, designated space that will hold daddy's big shoes with ease:
Down below she wanted a bench and we designed a shoe shelf with basket/boot space below:
Here's the space before:
There's room enough for two pairs of shoes front and back.
Overall a nice makeover that improved the functionality of the mudroom closet:
Here's a few in progress build shots of the shoe cubbies and bench:
1. Measure space and sketch up plans.
2. For the shoe cubbies attach one side of shelves using pocket hole screws:
3. Then attach the other side, preferably the wall side, by counter sinking your screws:
4. All built:
5. Prime with Zinsser cover stain, paint two coats high gloss enamel white.
Install bench, then shoe cubbies, then top shelf:
6. And finally add the hanging rod and hooks.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
POWW @ Primitive & SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things