Build: knock off popsicle set
Build and paint your own wooden popsicle set just like this one:
The Pottery Barn Kids set is not too pricey at $24 and has free shipping but it's backordered until October 16th AND it's not personalized!
I used scraps all around so this project cost me $0.
Painted wood play popsicles in their very own holder:
I added a 'G' to the heart shaped popsicle:
And personalized the front:
The popsicles fit snug as a bug all lined up in their slots:
Here's how I made the popsicle set:
1. Cut wood:
1 - 2x6 @ 5"
2 - 3/4" plywood @ 2" x 3"
1 - 3/4" plywood @ 2.5" x 3"
2 - 1/2" MDF @ 2" x 3"
2. Make paper templates for each popsicle shape and trace onto wood:
3. Cut popsicle shape with jig saw:
5. Prime and drill holes for stick using spade bit to match dowel:
6. Glue stick into popsicle bottom then cut all sticks at same length, mine are 3".
Prepare to paint by wrapping stick with tape and inserting popsicle into floral foam:
7. Begin painting:
8. Add more details:
9. To personalize print out letter to size, line up on popsicle and trace with ball point pen:
10. Paint on and inside the indent then add the dot detail:
11. Spray with clear gloss poly to seal, be sure to protect the wooden sticks from spray:
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic