Sew: corduroy dumpling pouches
Personalized with sequined letter and fun lining fabric:
Easy to make dumpling pouches using a free PDF pattern from Michelle patterns.
Just the right size for money, lip balm, any small personal item will fit.
I love the industrial looking metal zipper and the dumpling format which allows the pouch to open completely side to side:
The perfect Christmas gift for friends and teachers to slip in a gift card!
I've only just begun here:
Here's how I made the dumpling pouches:
1. Go to Michelle patterns and download your free PDF pattern, print and cut out.
I used the larger size (the easier one), the smaller size (the harder one) will make a very small pouch.
2. Cut out fabrics and interfacing.
I order my zippers from Jennie at Zip It, I used 12" vanilla metal zips.
3. Cut out fabric letter (how to make letters here) and pin in place.
Using a button hole or zig zag stitch letter in place.
Then hand sew sequins on top of letter.
4. Now follow the pattern directions and baste zipper in place:
5. Then add lining right sides together and sew zipper in place:
6. Turn right side out and topstitch zipper for a finished edge.
7. Turn lining side out and match up corner seams, straight stitch across:
8. Add some matching binding to cover that seam:
9. Turn right side out and add ribbon to zipper pull:
Now you're ready to give.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic