Sew: personalized plaid stockings
Just in time for Christmas!
A friend asked for a set of Christmas stockings now that they have a new little guy James.
We modeled these stockings after this version no longer available from Williams Sonoma:
image from williams-sonoma.com
Here's how to make the plaid stockings:
1. Cut stocking shape from plaid fabric, two pieces for each stocking:
2. Sew 1/2" seam around edges except at top opening then clip curves:
3. Prepare hook piece. Cut 2" x 7" strip:
4. Fold in raw edges and top stitch down both long sides:
5. Cut cuff piece to match width of stocking opening.
Cut letters from fabric backed with double sided fusible (heat-n-bond).
6. Iron letters in place and zig zag stitch around edges:
7. Turn plaid stocking right side out and place cuff right side up against the wrong side of stocking, pin in place around top edge:
(**Don't forget to add hanger in place before sewing.)
8. The top edge should look like this once sewn:
9. Fold cuff down and top stitch top edge:
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic