Sew: applique burp cloths
Sew a single letter monogram and ribbon onto plain white burp cloths for a one-of-a-kind personalized baby gift.
We don't know the gender of Baby B yet so I used gender neutral orange and green color combinations:
But Baby T is definitely a boy, his set is all-American red, white and blue:
Not every burp cloth needs to be personalized, adding a few to the group with just grosgrain ribbon keeps it fun and fresh:
But it's really easy and fast to applique a giant letter onto a plain white burp cloth:
Here's how to make applique burp cloths:
1. Purchase ready made burp cloths, usually a 10 or 12 pack.
2. Gather coordinating fabrics and ribbons:
3. To make fabric letter for applique first print out letter in desired font and size.
I used Bookman Old School at 300 point.
Iron on interfacing to wrong side of fabric then using a light box place print out right side down on light box, place fabric right side down on top of print out and trace outline with pencil:
4. Cut out letters along traced lines:
(For more on how to make fabric letters see my post here.)
5. Pin letter in place near one end of burp cloth:
6. Use a tight zig zag stitch around all edges to applique in place:
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic