Sew: lone starburst quilted pillow
A paper pieced quilt block (source here) that's so fast and easy you'll need to make many more!
I paper pieced this lone starburst block using scraps and now we have the most fun accent pillow:
My girl #1 quickly claimed this pillow as hers, now I've got to get busy making two more for the others:
Here's how to make the lone starburst pillow:
1. Print 4 copies of the paper pattern from here:
2. Begin paper piecing following the numbers, I sew from the backside:
3. All pieces sewn:
4. Sew pieces together to form block:
5. To quilt pillow front layer block, batting and white cotton.
Pin and quilt as desired.
6. To make pillow envelope closure place overlapping back pieces (pink polka dots) right side down on top of quilted block:
Sew around all four edges and turn right side out.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
DIY Project Parade @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic