Build: tabletop chalkboard easel
I modified plans from Ana White here to make portable tabletop size chalkboard easels.
This smaller version of the original has a 13" x 13" chalk space:
Versus the original folding chalkboard easel with an 18" x 18" chalk space:
This smaller size is just the right for kids sitting at the table:
Or playing school with an American Girl doll:
An of course it folds and is easily portable just like the original:
Don't forget to make the zippered chalk pouch to store all those pieces of chalk:
Here's how to build the tabletop chalkboard easel:
1. Use Ana's plans as a guide and modify the cut list:
2 - 1x2 @ 13"
2 - 1x3 @ 13"
4 - 1x2 @ 19"
2 - 1x2 @14 1/2"
2 - 1/8" hardboard @ 16" x 17"
2. Paint hardboard with black chalkboard paint:
3. Build frames using pocket holes on backside:
4. Attach chalk ledge with countersunk 2" #8 wood screw from the back.
Glue and clamp in place then attach screw:
5. Paint frames two coats (or stain) and seal with clear satin poly:
6. Attach hardboard by placing frame facedown, chalk ledge flush up against edge of table:
7. Drill holes for rope:
8. Attach hinges, rope and handle.
I'm linking up to:
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework