Paint: kids play table makeover
A little paint and stain gives new life to this little kids table and chairs:
My kids had 'lovingly' used this Ikea table and chairs set for many years.
Now they're too big to comfortably fit but the table is sturdy and still functional so I refinished it for the neighbors.
It's fun, playful and suitable for both boys and girls.
Here's how to makeover the polka spot table:
1. Start with a solid wood - been loved by kids - table:
2. Sand off all stains:
3. Print out 5.5" circle pattern (free download here).
Find center of pattern (fold in quarters) and center of table (using tape measure), match up center points and trace circle with ballpoint pen to create slight indent in wood:
4. Paint center circle as desired (I used all acrylic paints for the spots, some lighter colors required multiple coats.)
5. Working from the center spot - you can find the center mark between the edge of the table and the edge of the center spot.
Trace the next circle:
6. Once the center row is complete move on to the side rows repeating the same process:
7. Because the wood had deep stains from my kids I opted to apply a wood stain to the whole table in an effort to hide some of the original stains.
See the stains ingrained here:
Apply Minwax golden oak stain:
8. Seal table and chairs with two coats Minwax clear satin poly.
I'm linking up to:
Best DIY Projects of April @ Beneath My Heart
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework