Sew: sequined monogrammed pouch
Every little girl (and big girl) needs some bling on their monogram.
These pouches are for 5 year old twin sisters Catherine and Margaret:
The perfect sized zipper pouch for anything and everything with a pretty bright floral cotton print on the inside:
Here's how to make the sequined monogram pouches:
1. Cut fabrics: (below is for one pouch)
1 - drop cloth exterior 11" x 14"
1 - med. weight fusible interfacing 11" x 14"
2 - cotton lining 11" x 7.5"
1 - 10" zipper
fabric letters (see how to here)
sequins & beads
2. Fuse interfacing to one side of drop cloth.
Pin letters in place at one end, 2.5" from short edge:
3. Zig zag stitch in place:
4. Sew sequins on top of letter.
5. Lay exterior right side up, place zipper right side down at one end then place lining right side down on top of zipper:
6. Using a zipper foot sew right edge of zipper then open lining and top stitch:
7. Repeat process for other end of drop cloth, zipper and other piece of lining:
8. Now place right sides together and sew side seams and lining bottom, be sure to keep 4" open at one lining side.
Miter four corners:
9. Clip miters and turn right side out through lining side opening.
Slip stitch opening closed.
Push lining down into pouch, press and add grosgrain ribbon to zipper pull.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Showoff @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework