Paint: wood favor tags
Handpainted wood favor tags for a bridal party.
They could be ornaments, gift tags, a nice way to personalize your bag, or just hang in your home:
These favor tags were made specifically to match the wedding colors, red and turquoise:
Another version (done Spring of 2012) in navy:
How to make handpainted wood favor tags:
1. I used 3" wood circlular disks (from Michaels or here).
Print out the letters, I used Arial font in bold at 120 point:
2. Find the center of the letter by folding into quarters.
Line up center of letter and center of disc then using a ball point pen trace the outline of the letter:
The pressure from the pen will leave an indent in the wood:
3. Make 2 paper circle templates, one slightly smaller than 3" and one 1/8" smaller yet:
4. The smaller circle will become the red background area of the letter.
Center the cirlcle and trace around the edge:
5. Paint inside the circle and avoid painting inside the letter:
6. Using the larger paper circle template make equidistance notches for the dot border detail.:
7. Add dot border using end of paint brush:
8. Drill a hole at top center for string:
9. Seal with clear poly:
Add jute string and ready to hang, tie or give!
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework