Craft: turkey napkin rings
Repurpose wooden curtain rings to make these simple turkey napkin rings for your Thanksgiving table.
The feathers are made from regular raffia and the turkey head is a styrofoam ball wrapped in light brown tissue.
I added short black straight pins for eyes, an orange cardstock beak and tiny red pom poms for the snood:
When we moved into our new home I took down the existing curtain rods and rings in the family room and saved them in my stockpile of weird parts.
Who knew they would make perfect turkeys?
These turkey napkin rings will add tons of dimension and make a fun addition to your Thanksgiving table setting:
1. Start with a wooden or brownish curtain ring.
Cut 10 pieces of raffia about 12" long:
2. Fold raffia pieces in half and keep fold behind and above ring:
3. Pull loose ends of raffia through folded end:
Use the hook on the curtain ring as your center point (covering it with the raffia):
4. Add two more raffia groups on either side of center:
(Add some hot glue behind and under raffia.)
5. Add two more raffia groups in between 1 and 5:
6. To make turkey head wrap styrofoam ball with light brown tissue, hot glue in place at back side:
7. Hot glue turkey head at center in front of raffia feathers:
8. Trim raffia into arched shape.
Add short black straight pins for eyes and hot glue a triangle piece of orange cardstock for the beak:
Finally add tiny red pom poms down one side of beak for snood.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Transformation Thursday @ The Shabby Creek Cottage
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework