Sew: felt cupcakes
Make your own kids play cupcakes.
Felt, a little hand sewing and a hot glue gun is really all it takes to make these yummy treats:
(Check back tomorrow if you want the free diy build plans for the cupcake stand.)
Don't forget to add some fancy decorations: ribbon, sequins, buttons, ric rac, pom poms, anything will work!
The brown felt chocolate drizzle is my favorite:
1. Download the free pattern here.
For each cupcake cut out:
1 - felt base
1 - felt side (curved piece)
1 - cardboard base
1 - cardboard side
2. Sew the side seam using a whip stitch:
Then sew the base onto the small end of the side piece.
3. To make 'cake' portion cut an 8" circle for a regular cupcake and a 6" circle for the mini:
4. Sew a gathering stitch around the outer edge of the circle and pull tight:
5. Fill with stuffing and make several criss cross stitches then tie a knot:
6. To prepare the base, hot glue the cardboard circle into the base:
7. Hot glue the cardboard side piece into place gently bending the cardboard.
Then hot glue cake into base:
Add sequins and decorations.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework