Build: jewelry stand
Build this simple and pretty jewelry stand using scrap wood, dowels and clear beads.
And personalize your jewelry stand too:
Functional and classy complete with a felt covered base:
You can make your own for much less and then spend what you saved on more jewelry!
How to build a jewelry stand:
1. Cut wood pieces:
2. Make base edge frame using glue and finish nails:
3. Secure frame to mdf base using finish nails up through the base:
4. Drill 1/2" holes through main dowel for 2 posts:
5. Assemble using glue and one 2" screw into the main dowel up through the base.
Prime and spray paint high gloss white:
Predrill hole at center end of dowel.
Use finish nails and glue to secure beads:
7. For personalization print out name, I used Garamond font at 90 point.
Step 2: Line up print out at center of long side and trace using ballpoint pen.
Step 3: The pen leaves a visible indent in the wood.
Step 4: Paint on and inside the indent.
8. Paint the interior of the tray light pink:
9. To add felt bottom use spray adhesive:
10. Press firmly onto base and trim away excess for a clean edge:
For more handmade holiday build ideas see my page here where Ana White and I have shared diy builds complete with free plans.
I'm linking up to:
SAS @ Funky Junk
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things
That DIY Party @ The DIY Showoff
Tutorials & Tips Tuesday @ Home Stories A to Z
The Scoop @ Lolly Jane
Strut Your Stuff @ Somewhat Simple
Share Awesomeness Thur @ The 36th Avenue
Pretty Things Thursday @ Scissors & Spatulas
Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Furniture Feature Friday @ Miss Mustard Seed
SAS @ Just a Girl
Remodelaholics Anonymous @ Remodelaholic
inspiration board @ Carolyns Homework